Manager, Digital Communications - Europe - #3175675
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally by discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is uniquely qualified to address the enduring need for innovative vaccines. We utilize our proprietary recombinant technology platform, which combines genetic engineering's power and speed to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles designed to address urgent global health needs. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world's most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
The Manager, Digital Communications – Europe’s primary role will be to support all websites and social media outside the United States. This role will work closely with the digital communications & social media teams based in the HQ office in Gaithersburg, MD. This role is an individual contributor role, with a supervisor based in the United States.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the localization of Novavax.com to key markets outside the United States, including throughout Europe.
- Supporting websites and content creating for Novavax facilities in Sweden and the Czech Republic, including human resources recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with the global social media team to support regional social media accounts and content.
- Drafting editorial calendars and content to fuel Novavax regional social media channels.
- Support ongoing analytics and reporting efforts, including website and social media analytics.
- Contribute to the management of regulatory requirements, including Pharmacovigilance activities.
- Role requires ~10% EU travel and ~10% international travel.
- College degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- 5 years of experience in a highly regulated industry within the European Union. Prior experience in pharmaceuticals/vaccines disease preferred.
- Able to translate complex scientific information into clear, concise language, understandable by all audiences, both verbally and in writing, strong writing skills
- Understanding of digital and social media channels, including platforms, content creation, basic analytics
- Proficiency in social and digital tools such as Drupal, Khoros, Brandwatch and Canva
- Copywriting for social media, including how to concisely write posts in consistent voice across platforms
- Aptitude for project management and organization to ensure multiple projects are delivered on deadline
- Ability to work across team and deliver for multiple project managers
- Consistent and enthusiastic student of digital trends to constantly stay on top of trends, best practices, and new tools
Every day our employees impact the future of health by preventing disease. To recognize their contributions, we offer them performance-based pay; a flexible, welcoming work environment; comprehensive and competitive benefits.
Novavax is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other protected characteristic.